Friday, September 24, 2010

Weaving!!

Yesterday was my 3rd weaving class, and we finally had the looms set up and ready to go! We learned a bunch of patterns, and I was totally pumped. It reinforced several things I knew about myself:
1. I have a really hard time limiting my color palette (but really, why limit when there are so many colors out there?!)
2. I like repetitive counting/ movements (I miss math class, weird right?)
3. When I don't understand something right away, a little panic takes over, but then I do some problem solving and everything is fine.

I really think that weaving is going to be important in my life. I keep thinking up all sorts of interesting things I could do, once I have control of the medium.
My Grandmother recently gifted to me a 4 harness floor loom, and I am so thrilled to have the tools to continue once this class ends! Thanks Gramma!


Here, look at all these rainbow samples!!







WOOHOO

No comments: